Have you felt inspired to lead important change in your work, yet felt too exhausted or pessimistic to begin? Ever make a pros and cons list about a decision, and still not be able to make a decision? Big Waves can help you out of these tricky stuck places.
The Big Waves approach to leadership coaching uses a wide range of coaching methods. The core of the approach is rooted in somatic or embodied practices, combined with cognitive and creative approaches, transformative coaching, mindfulness, narrative practices, and Deep Democracy. We identify and address limiting beliefs and patterns, and support clients to recognize and build on their own inner leadership capacities. It can help inexperienced leaders who are just beginning to lead and experienced leaders who want to expand their capacity to build relationships and lead with authenticity and awareness of self.
Somatic coaching takes a whole person approach. It recognizes that in spite of our best laid plans, our bodies’ habit patterns can create barriers to the kinds of transformation we want to achieve, on both an individual and group level. Embodied work can help us take the leap into alignment.
Somatic coaching supports emerging and established leaders to:
- Feel more alignment between your purpose, vision and actions
- Face challenges and complexity with vulnerability, courage and curiosity
- Step into your power in transformative ways that are aligned with your values
- Move boldly towards your dreams for yourself and for the world
- Listen to and learn from the many kinds of wisdom that live in the body
- Protect yourself (or recover) from burnout
- Build your own emotional intelligence and presence
- Motivate and steward effective teams
- Embody healthy, safe and inspiring organizational and group cultures
- Nurture an organization through the ups and downs of change
- Champion equity and social justice, even when it’s hard
- Lead from your whole authentic self
- Decrease the power of personal triggers and limiting beliefs that get in the way of leadership
- Get comfortable with conflict
- Understand yourself as an integrated part of a living ecosystem
Conflict can be an opportunity for change and growth. Conflict coaching helps develop emotional fluidity and practical skills in order to have courageous conversations. You can develop the capacity to approach conflict in the workplace and in personal relationships with curiosity and hope.
Equity and social justice work are not just about changing minds. We are shaped, on a physiological level, by the norms, cultures and beliefs that we inherited and grew up with, even when we no longer believe in those ways. This can lead to a disconnect between what we believe and how we act.
Somatic coaching can help you uncover your inner shaping, and come to deeper alignment with your values around social justice and equity.
For more information about Embodied Coaching, check out the blog post, What is Somatic Coaching?